Painted greeting cards, moving house (Creative Tuesdays) and trip to Woolacombe

Well, that was another busy weekend! We've had a birthday, beer festival and barbecue combined with moving into our new home! I'm going to use today's comic strip diary for Creative Tuesdays as, coincidentally, the theme this week is 'moving'!

camping in Woolacombe
The day we moved out

We had a lovely day with my sister, Kerry and her boyfriend, Dan who were camping in Woolacombe in north Devon. It was so windy and cold that Sam and I chickened out of going in the sea, but Kerry and Dan were a lot braver and ventured in to try out bodyboarding. Getting Kerry out of the wetsuit required a little help on my part...

camping in Woolacombe

I made a card for a friend's birthday and thought that while I was doing one I may as well make a few more! Here I am painting them. 

line drawing of a fish
Once there was a fishy...

watercolour greeting cards

They're line drawings painted with watercolours, set on coloured card on a square, plain white greeting card.

bird watercolor
Seagull with a fish.

bird art
Seagull on a boat.

watercolor painting
Funny coloured mackerel!

watercolor painting
Starfish, mussels and barnacles.

bird watercolor
Seagull eating it's favourite food1

I was so pleased with how these have come out that I'm just about to start on some more! I'll leave you with this photo of chilly Woolacombe, not sure I like being back in this English weather!

Woolacombe beach
Woolacombe beach, North Devon

Today I'm linking to the following linky parties: Creative Tuesdays, Handmade Harbour, Balzer Designs, Tatertots and Jello and Manon Popje's Illustrations.
Clare Willcocks: Painted greeting cards, moving house (Creative Tuesdays) and trip to Woolacombe

Sunday 23 June 2013

Painted greeting cards, moving house (Creative Tuesdays) and trip to Woolacombe

Well, that was another busy weekend! We've had a birthday, beer festival and barbecue combined with moving into our new home! I'm going to use today's comic strip diary for Creative Tuesdays as, coincidentally, the theme this week is 'moving'!

camping in Woolacombe
The day we moved out

We had a lovely day with my sister, Kerry and her boyfriend, Dan who were camping in Woolacombe in north Devon. It was so windy and cold that Sam and I chickened out of going in the sea, but Kerry and Dan were a lot braver and ventured in to try out bodyboarding. Getting Kerry out of the wetsuit required a little help on my part...

camping in Woolacombe

I made a card for a friend's birthday and thought that while I was doing one I may as well make a few more! Here I am painting them. 

line drawing of a fish
Once there was a fishy...

watercolour greeting cards

They're line drawings painted with watercolours, set on coloured card on a square, plain white greeting card.

bird watercolor
Seagull with a fish.

bird art
Seagull on a boat.

watercolor painting
Funny coloured mackerel!

watercolor painting
Starfish, mussels and barnacles.

bird watercolor
Seagull eating it's favourite food1

I was so pleased with how these have come out that I'm just about to start on some more! I'll leave you with this photo of chilly Woolacombe, not sure I like being back in this English weather!

Woolacombe beach
Woolacombe beach, North Devon

Today I'm linking to the following linky parties: Creative Tuesdays, Handmade Harbour, Balzer Designs, Tatertots and Jello and Manon Popje's Illustrations.

24 Comments:

At 23 June 2013 at 12:22 , Blogger manomij said...

You made me laugh with that wetsuit, yes the English weather is definetley not what I came to the UK for! However I can see how inspired you were creating the cards I like them very much! ManonX

 
At 23 June 2013 at 12:44 , Blogger Ginx Craft said...

Oh you are back from your travels. The watercolour cards are just lovely.

 
At 23 June 2013 at 12:52 , Blogger Wendy said...

I'm loving the seagulls! I've been photographing seagulls this week so I'm sure I'll be drawing, painting or sewing a few of these soon!

 
At 23 June 2013 at 12:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the cheeky seagull but they are all wonderful. Do I see that you were left with the flat pack? This is always my job too!

 
At 23 June 2013 at 13:15 , Blogger CatkinJane said...

Wonderful cards,I'm a sucker for boats and think yours with the seagull is just great :)

 
At 23 June 2013 at 14:43 , Anonymous Goodnight Boutique said...

You're drawings are soo pretty :)
I love the gull eating chips!

 
At 23 June 2013 at 14:54 , Blogger Fiddly Fingers said...

The wet suit photo made me laugh :D and I love the seagulls!

 
At 23 June 2013 at 14:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chip stealing seagull is very cute - I have had experience with this in real life!

 
At 23 June 2013 at 16:58 , Blogger sharon said...

Love the drawings, very cute. My favourite has to be the seagull with the chip!

 
At 24 June 2013 at 01:21 , Blogger Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I'm not sure how you managed to fit all that in to one weekend, including having time to create some watercolours for cards! Surely there must be more than one of you! :-)
Your watercolours are lovely, whoever receives on for there birthday is getting a work of art as well as a card.
I hope you have a great week, you must have boxes to empty so I hope you get organised too :-)

 
At 24 June 2013 at 03:54 , Blogger testing said...

Your watercolour cards are gorgeous, i love the the seagull and chips perfect haha

 
At 24 June 2013 at 07:33 , Blogger Lucy Blossom said...

What beautiful cards - your images are lovely.

 
At 24 June 2013 at 09:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

Your water colours are amazing. I love them x

 
At 24 June 2013 at 10:49 , Blogger Made in Suisse said...

Ha ha, I love the seagull eating chips...so picturesque in its own kind of way :-)

 
At 24 June 2013 at 13:24 , Blogger Handbags by Helen said...

Loving your work. The fish is very cool

 
At 24 June 2013 at 14:21 , Blogger TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from Creaive Tuesdays - great story, awesome watercolours. Sending best wishes for many years of happiness in your new home :0)

 
At 24 June 2013 at 21:06 , Blogger Christine said...

congrats on your new home, nice that you've made a story of it and wonderful cards!

http://www.cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2013/06/creative-tuesdays-weve-moved-theme.html

 
At 25 June 2013 at 04:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a nice comic:) I tried to make comics before. I was on a comic course once. Making stories myself are still do diffiucult for me so I stick up with illustrations. I really like your seagulls and fishes. Especially that seagull with frenchfries around.

 
At 25 June 2013 at 09:51 , Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful watercolours I love to watercolour some of my cards too.

Just popped over from Handmade Monday

 
At 25 June 2013 at 14:52 , Blogger Jan said...

Great cards, I love your paintings, sea gulls seem to be a popular bird, I've just done one on a beach hut. They are so iconic of the seaside.
With the 'Great English' weather I wouldn't venture into the water either. :)

Jan

 
At 30 June 2013 at 06:58 , Blogger linda (dots n doodles) said...

Love your comic strip day, such a great way to make a record of what happened on that day. Your little water colour cards are so lovely as well. Visiting from Creative Tuesdays.

 
At 30 June 2013 at 20:15 , Blogger Wanda said...

Your comic strip is great. Love the details! Also your watercolor are so vibrant and fun to look at. Love the wet suit episode...Had to laugh out loud.

 
At 2 July 2013 at 17:44 , Blogger Michael said...

Clare, I so love your comic strips Such clean lines! how on earth do you do it? Anyway, this is a really fun take on MOVING. Great job. soudns liek you broke up the move with some enjoyable side attractions at least. Love your marine cards too. Good stuff. Thank you so much for your unique contribution.

 
At 3 July 2013 at 10:48 , Blogger Alexandra MacVean said...

Clare, this is one undoubtedly FUN post! I love your artwork and your photos made me chuckle! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home